Swedish Supplements’ Beta carotene is a vegetable supplement with natural beta-carotene made from algae, combined with sunflower oil for optimal uptake.
- Vegan product derived from algae
- Helps protect the skin from UV radiation
- Promotes a healthy tan
The body converts beta-carotene as needed into vitamin A, the rest is stored in tissues where it acts as an antioxidant and protects the cells of the skin from free radicals. When we sunbathe, we can easily burn, but the use of beta carotene can help the tanning process and provide protection against the damage that can occur due to sunbathing.
Use this well in advance of the sun season to recharge the skin’s stores with beta-carotene. The capsules contain green microalgae (Dunaliella salina), which is naturally rich in beta-carotene. One capsule contains no less than 250 mg of green microalgae with 50 mg of beta-carotene, which corresponds to 82,000 IE provitamin A. Sunflower oil is added to the capsules to make it easier for beta-carotene to be absorbed into the body. Beta-carotene with provitamin A is a fat-soluble substance and access to fat is necessary to be absorbed optimally. Thanks to the fact that sunflower oil is now also included, it is no longer necessary to swallow the capsules at mealtimes.
- Protection from sunburn with beta-carotene–a meta-analysis.
- Carotenoid supplementation reduces erythema in human skin after simulated solar radiation exposure.
- Consuming High-Carotenoid Fruit and Vegetables Influences Skin Yellowness and Plasma Carotenoids in Young Women: A Single-Blind Randomized Crossover Trial.
- Beta-carotene is an important vitamin A source for humans.
Take 1 capsule daily together with meal. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. The recommended dose should not be exceeded.