Beta-alanine is an amino acid intended to help counteract the onset of lactic acid.
- Improves lactic acid resistance
- Increases maximum performance capacity
- Maintains a more favourable muscles pH value
- Easy to mix in your own pre-workout drink
Beta-alanine is an amino acid needed to maintain levels of carnosine in the muscles. Carnosine is a natural substance whose task is to buffer pH value and maintain acid/base balance for optimal muscle work. A supplement of beta-alanine optimizes levels of carnosine and reduces the build-up of lactic acid in the muscles during physical exertion, increasing maximum capacity and delaying the time to exhaustion. When taken on an empty stomach, some users may experience tingling in the skin (Paresthesia) as well as sometimes even reddening of the skin. This is harmless and transient, but if it is perceived as unpleasant, you should reduce the dose and choose to take it with any carbohydrate-containing drink or food.
- Effects of β-alanine supplementation on exercise performance: a meta-analysis
- Effects of beta-alanine supplementation on the onset of neuromuscular fatigue and ventilatory threshold in women
- Effects of twenty-eight days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the physical working capacity at neuromuscular fatigue threshold
- The effect of beta-alanine supplementation on neuromuscular fatigue in the elderly (55-92 years): a double-blind randomized study
- Short-duration beta-alanine supplementation increases training volume and reduces subjective feelings of fatigue in college football players
- Effect of β-alanine plus sodium bicarbonate on high-intensity cycling capacity
- Beta-alanine improves sprint performance in endurance cycling
- Beta-alanine supplementation, muscle carnosine and exercise performance
Mix one serving 4g ca 1 scoop (5ml) with 2dl water or other beverage and consume 1-2 times daily. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet. It’s important to have a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle, the recommended daily dose should not be exceeded.