BCAA Engine | Watermelon
BCAA Engine | Watermelon
BCAA Engine from Swedish Supplements is a deliciously flavoured BCAA powder that has taken the market by storm
- Extra large dose of L-Leucine (4.1.1.)
- Fortified with L-Glutamine and L-Lysine
- Many delicious flavours
BCAA is a branch in the group of essential amino acids. They are considered by many to be the most important in the collection of essential amino acids. These particular ones give an increased protein synthesis which simply means that they help to increase the formation of protein in the body’s cells.
BCAA helps the body build more muscle mass and reduces catabolism, as they increase the content of the hormone insulin that stimulates muscle building and suppresses the level of the stress hormone cortisol.
The individual amino acids in BCAA are:
Leucine – Increases protein synthesis by activating a signaling protein called mTOR, (Mammalian Target Of Rapamycin). When mTOR is activated, a chain reaction is started that ultimately leads to increased protein synthesis/muscle growth. This amino acid is the most common in BCAA Engine.
Isoleucine is important for the manufacture of red blood cells (hemoglobin)and is involved in blood sugar regulation, development and the repair of muscles and energy regulation .
Valin is important for muscle health, muscle tissue recovery and metabolism. L-valine also contributes to the normalization of nitrogen balance in the body.
BCAA Engine is also enriched with Glutamine and Lysine which are both popular supplements for boosting immune systems.
- Activation of mTORC1 by leucine is potentiated by branched-chain amino acids and even more so by essential amino acids following resistance exercise
- Branched-chain amino acids activate key enzymes in protein synthesis after physical exercise https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16365096/
- Plasma lactate, GH and GH-binding protein levels in exercise following BCAA supplementation in athletes
- Branched-chain amino acids increase p70S6k phosphorylation in human skeletal muscle after resistance exercise
- Relation between glutamine, branched-chain amino acids, and protein metabolism
- Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise
- Nutraceutical effects of branched-chain amino acids on skeletal muscle
Blue Raspberry, Cola Delicious, Hawaii Pineapple, Peach Ice Tea, Strawberry Midsummer, Sweet Rhubarb, Watermelon Mania
Mix one scoop (20ml) approx 12g of powder with 3dl water